AWAKENING ABILITIES FOR MORE THAN 65 YEARS
As a community-based service organization, Corbrook has been making an important contribution to the lives of people with physical and developmental disabilities and their families for more than 65 years.
We embrace a person-directed philosophy and approach, supporting people to make informed decisions and personal choices that will help them achieve their goals.
Our wide range of unique training opportunities, employment services and supported community activities are geared to helping people become more independent, build self-esteem and enjoy a higher quality of life.
TO DEVELOP AND PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEANINGFUL WORK AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR PERSONS WITH VARYING LEVELS OF ABILITIES.
OUR VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
Our Service Values:
- Individuality is respected.
- People will be treated with dignity and respect.
- People are informed.
- People have an opportunity to learn, develop and grow.
- People will be listened to and responded to.
- People will be healthy and safe.
- People have rights.
- People are in control and direct the supports and services that affect their lives.
- People will be supported to know and exercise their rights.
Our Service Principles:
- Corbrook’s planning, supports and services are directed by the person.
- Within Corbrook, people receiving supports and services and families play an active role in developing and controlling their supports and services.
- People receiving supports and services are entitled to exercise their rights.
- People receiving supports and services are entitled to privacy and control of their personal information and property.
- Corbrook will ensure and support the health and safety of all people receiving supports and services.
- All people receiving supports and services will be provided with an opportunity to express their support and rights concerns. They will be provided with the necessary information and support on how to express their concerns and realize resolution. A third party will be engaged, should resolution of the concerns continue to be unresolved within Corbrook.
- Corbrook will ensure employees; board members and volunteers receive any necessary orientation, training and support to fulfill their roles within Corbrook.
- Information will be kept in confidence and only divulged with the person’s consent and/or as required by law.
- Professional and ethical conduct by all board members, employees, outside paid resources and volunteers will be the norm in fulfilling respective roles within Corbrook.
- All board members, employees, outside paid resources and volunteers will adhere to the Mission, Mandate, Values and Policies and Procedures of Corbrook.
- Corbrook will not engage in any intrusive or aversive practices.
- Corbrook has zero tolerance for abuse or neglect.
Why we are unique:
- Corbrook has a long history of supporting individuals and families with developmental disabilities, serving the GTA for over 65 years.
- Our person directed approach allows us to modify programs to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Corbrook has a thriving Employment Support Program that has set us apart in the developmental service sector
- 74% of our funding goes directly to programs and services
- In 2016, we provided assistance to 727 people as they explored their options and expanded their horizons, with person directed plans, opportunities for meaningful work and personal development; an increase of 24% from last year, all with no monetary increases from the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- We have 2 locations serving East (Progress Rod. Scarborough) and West (Jane & Black Creek Rd) Toronto